Do you have a warning light/s illuminated on your dashboard? Now is the time to call Kirby’s Auto Centre for an computer diagnostic check.
Most modern cars are now equipped with on-board computers. In fact, they are play a large part in how your car performs and runs. At Kirby’s Auto Centre, our team of mechanics are highly trained to perform an computer diagnostic check. Using state-of-the-art equipment, we can run diagnostic checks on your management system. Therefore, we can quickly address the problem and find a solution.
What is an Engine Diagnostic Check?
Our Engine Diagnostic Check runs a test of your vehicle’s engine control computer (ECU) to scan every system. It provides a printout list of any problems and error codes found to identify and fix.
What exactly does an Engine Diagnostic check?
Our Engine Diagnostic Check scans various areas of your vehicle controlled by the engine control computer. For example, the engine, brakes, airbags, alarms, and much more. The check includes:
- Reading live data supplied by the vehicle. Listed values from around the engine are displayed side by side. Therefore, this ensures all components are working correctly and giving the correct values.
- Resetting of service lights. Once we have carried out a service on your vehicle, we inform the car. The warning light can now be reset.
- Reads and erases the vehicle error memory. If a fault light has been illuminated on the dashboard, it is read and turned off once fixed.
- Reprogramming of components to correct the faults displayed.
- Actuator tests activates certain components to make sure they are working correctly. Also, it checks they are getting signals from the Engine Computer Management System.
So, what is the benefit Engine Diagnostic Check?
Not all vehicles display fault lights when something has gone wrong. Therefore, having an Computer Diagnostic scan carried out may give an early indication that a problem is about to occur. Catching this early could you save you a lot of money further down the line!